College or Not?
I have been thinking about my college experience lately. I got my associates degree in two years and then went to a larger school for another 3 years to earn my Bachelors degree. I felt a big sense of accomplishment when I finished. I personally like school. I like going to classes, taking notes, learning new things, and doing projects. However, now I wonder if it was really worth it?
Here I am, 8 years after graduation and I can't find a job in my area for my degree. No one told me that the job outlook wasn't good. I did originally work in the field for about 5 years in less desireable conditions and now I can't find a job no matter what I do.
I sure hate the constant questions from my friends and family asking if I've found a job yet. NO! There aren't jobs around this area for teachers. Some people tell me to move to Las Vegas or elsewhere for a job. That is just not an option for me. I have no desire to move. I enjoy living here and my family is all here.
So I come back to my original question ... should I have gone to college? I still like the sense of accomplishment. I met many people and learned some stuff, but I don't think I would have gone into teaching had I known. I didn't really think that money made a difference to me, but now I know that it really does.
I want to be financially free! I want to do whatever I want whenever I want. Right now I am focusing on a couple of things, one being my skincare business and the other is real estate. I wish I knew about these things years ago, but I am working hard on these things now (maybe even harder than I did at earning my degree).
Here are my top 5 reasons, why you shouldn't attend higher education.
5. Most people are undecided when entering, which then takes them year(s) longer to finish
4. You get out of school with little real world experience and can't always find a job
3. An insanely high amount of people don't even work in the field in which they earned their Bachelors degree in
2. Costs lots of money, which you may be paying off for years to come
1. Takes years with no guarantees to finish(even longer if you don't know what you want to do)
Click here to return from college to work from home.