Goal Setting

Goal Setting is the difference between taking what you get and getting what you want.

These are ideas taken from Shari Hudspeth's Average To Excellence training.

1st Call was mostly about thinking about your dreams and setting goals.

"Aim for nothing, and you can be certain that's what you'll get."

I have learned that this really is so very important. Just like the quote above says, if you don't have any expectations, you won't reach them and get what you want.

No matter what you do in your life, this is your foundation for success. Ordinary people achieving extraordinary things is the result of goal setting.

Years ago a study was done at Yale University. They interviewed a graduating class. Only 3% wrote down their life goals. Years later, they re-interviewed that same class. What they found was astounding! Those 3% that wrote down their goals made more money than the other 97% combined!

Think about that for a second...

Only about 1% of Americans write down their goals. Are you one of them?

Goal setting is the difference between taking what you get and getting what you want.

So its settling for what you have or going the extra mile to really getting what you want.

You need to set S T R E T C H goals for yourself. This means if you wanted to lose 30 pounds in the next 6 months. Break this down. This comes out to 5 pounds a month. It comes out to a little over a pound a week. So instead of focusing on those 30 pounds. Make little S T R E T C H goals. Think about those 5 pounds a month or the pound each week.

You have to set SMART goals.

SMART stands for Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Time frame.

Your goals have to be all of these things to make them work. Here is a little note that you could fill out for your goals.

My Goal is:

Benefit:(your why's)

Affirmation:(what you can say to yourself to keep you motivated)

Break it down:(like the losing weight example above)

You can be a success. You just have to plan for it. Take time and write down some monthly S T R E T C H goals, some quarterly, 6 month, and yearly. Take things slowly and break down your large desires into smaller attainable ones.

Click here to go to Call 2.

Click here to return from goal setting to the business opportunity.

Share this page: